Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Boleyn King

written by Laura Andersen the premise is simple and intriguing; what if Anne Boleyn gave Henry VIII a son instead of having a second miscarriage

As the story begins it is 1536 and Anne Boleyn gives birth to a healthy son saving herself from disgrace and death.

The story then jumps ahead seventeen years and is told through the eyes of  Minuette, Dom, Elizabeth Tudor, and of course Will (Henry IX). 
Minuette and Dom are friends of Will and Elizabeth after having been brought into the royal household as orphans.
They are a close group which becomes important as the regency ends and Will takes the throne amidst old rumors that threaten his position as King.

I absolutely loved this book. It is a interesting and fun what if history novel with a very good mystery  that keeps you guessing.
It was a book I had a hard time putting down and reading the last page left me wanting to know what comes next.
While obviously some historical facts have been changed others are cleverly worked into the plot in different ways which is interesting,
If you enjoy Tudor historical fiction this is a must read in my opinion.

I give this book 5 stars.The Boleyn King

1 comment:

  1. This sounds extremely interesting, and I love the cover of that book. I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete